Thursday, April 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Jake!

Today is my oldest son Jake turns 17,  Boy time flys, We couldn't be more proud of the fine young man he has turned into...
So now we are over a year of learner driving and tearing my hair out! and on to the stress of having him venture out on his own. So I guess whats left of my hair will be turning a lighter shade of grey fast!
Any way on to what your really here for,  some crafting creations...
This is the card I made for Jake...
 I have used the PTI stamp set called enjoy your ride, along with the wood grain back ground.
Colours I went with Stampin' Up! Not quite navy, crumb cake and Peach Parfait. You can't see it very good in the pic but I have added little rhinestones on the headlights to make them look more realistic and I embossed the woodgrain on the white card behind the car.
Now for the second card on today's post,
This is one my youngest son Mitch aged 12 made for his big brother, I think he did extremely well.
He chose the colours of Cajun, turquoise and wasabi himself and made the entire card on his own including doing the colouring. The fisherman catching a boot is a bit of joke with the boys as they go down the back to the creek to muck around but never seem to catch anything worth bringing home so Mitch thought this was an appropriate stamp to use.  I am sure he would love your feed back.
Off to make my Birthday boy his favorite caramel tart for dessert tonight.
Thanks for stopping by
Until next time happy stamping
Tammy

6 comments:

Debbie Airey said...

Great cards. I know what you mean by hair colour. My son is 16 and is learner's license and he drives us to school. Actually he drives pretty well.

Christine said...

Lovin' both your cards. Mitch did a fantastic Job (probably better than mine). Your new car stamp is sooooo cute, and so appropriate. I might have to borrow that for Laura (later) Please pass on our best to Jake, and hope you all had a great day together. Sure hope he got his card on time.

Christine Blain said...

What great cards, Tam! And such a lovely photo of your all-grown-up boy (isn't it hard for Mums to see their babies grow up??!! LOL). I love the card you made - you're sure having fun with all that PTI goodness that's landed in your mailbox, aren't you?! Mitch's card is fantastic!! He, too, is a talented cardmaker!

Patrice said...

WOW! Loving both cards. I had to smile when I saw your PTI goodies - looking great and bet you're having loads of fun with them. Slightly envious here *smile*

Mitch's card is fantastic. He's done such a great job of it, and he colours way better than me! Go Mitch.

Hope Jake loved his dessert and had a thoroughly enjoyable birthday.

Karen G said...

Wow, Tammy, what a handsome young man you have there. Congratulations to him on his birthday, hope he had a great day. Loving the card you made, how cute is that car!!!

I see you also have another cardmaker in the family :) He did a wonderful job.

Karen G.

Kendra said...

Love all the distressing on the first card!