Sunday, June 6, 2010

Flannelette maybe?

If you haven't checked out Makeesha Byl's web site you are missing out! She is very talented and has great tutorials to make and fantastic cards. She also runs a weekly challenge and you know how I love the challenges!! I have played along with Keesh's challenges but have never entered one, but now I have a blog, there's no excuses, so here I go. I think I picked the worse week to start, firstly being a colour challenge, I much prefer sketches, but when you see the colours you'll know why it was really going to be a challenge.
The colour are.....
My first thought was using the Medallion stamp and so how I ended up with the look of a flannelette shirt and a male card still baffles me, but this is what happens sometimes.

I used my Going grey ink pad and swiped it across the card one way than used Real red and swiped it the other way and there you have it a Flanno look.
On looking back I should have roughed up the edges a bit more to give more of a worn feel, oh well next time.
Until Then
Happy Stamping
Tammy

8 comments:

Karen G said...

It does look flannelette like but I think it is just perfect for a male card, something I struggle with. I love it!!!

Karen G.

Renée said...

Love the patterned paper you've created! Total flannel look :)

Christine Blain said...

Tam, I laughed at your description of what you'd done for Keesh's challenge. The end result is great! LOVE those colours together!!

Lee said...

Awesome bogan flanno Tammy! Lol. This is a totally awesome technique, and one we might just see popping up all over the place for guys cards now!

Lee x

Tui Nathan said...

What a terrific creation .... really like the effect so perfect for male cards and background paper. Thank you!!!1

Chantelle said...

Wow, such a cool card - great one for the guys - well done with this colour challenge.

kirstyscardnscrap said...

Hi Tammy!!
I was sure you didn't have a blog! OMG!! but this is fantastic! I love your work...it's gorgeous and your just up the road from me! We definately have to get together and have a play....what do you reckon?? I am so sorry I didn't realise any of this earlier...esp the blog! Fantastic card by the way! The flannel effect is gorgeous!
Kirsty xx

Keesh said...

Hey Tammy! beautiful creation, I really like your patterned background! Fabulous. Thanks so much for playing, Love Keesh x